Abduction Wedge (With Velcro Straps)
British made abduction wedge for post surgery relief.
- Made in the UK.
- Keeps legs in the same position (V shape).
- Waterproof, zipped removable cover (washable to 90 degrees Celsius).
- Adjustable hook and loop fastening straps.
- Post surgery specialist support.
- We accept NHS purchase orders (this product was designed in conjunction with a Doctor as a post surgery support following hip abduction surgery).
Keeps legs in same position, includes 4 x Velcro straps for extra security. Made from high resilience dense orthopaedic foam for lasting support.
- Post hip replacement (reduce chance of new prosthesis dislocating)
- Supporting legs of individual with spinal cord injury or severe physical or neurological disabilities in abduction (legs apart position) while seated in a wheelchair.
- People who have weak skin between legs.
Waterproof, breathable, stretchable, soft feel fabric.
Cover: Easily wiped down with a damp cloth or machine washable at 95°C (conforms to BS 7175 Crib 5 (suitable for hospitals and nursing homes)). Comes with 4 Velcro straps to fix legs into place. 4 Velcro fastenings on each side of the support.
Dimensions: 21'' L, 24'' W, 6'' H
Do not wash foam, only cover.
This product is to be fitted initially by a healthcare professional who is familiar with the purpose for which it is prescribed. The healthcare professional is responsible for providing wearing instructions and precautions to other healthcare practitioners, care providers involved in the patient’s care, and the patient. If unusual swelling, skin discoloration or discomfort occurs, use should be discontinued and a healthcare professional consulted.Be careful that the straps are not so tight that they interfere with circulation.
If you are looking at this product for medical usage it is possible for us to make it with a waterproof navy fabric, which is machine washable at 95 degrees, conforms to BS7175, Crib 5 (suitable for hospitals and nursing homes). Enquire via email or telephone (firstname.lastname@example.org 01752 345678) trade enquiries and NHS orders welcome.